The pizza is wonderful. But the chicken nugets are even better. And the desserts are the best ever like the cake you have there. IT'S THE BEST RESTURANT EVER!!!
Offerring a pleasant atmosphere, exceptional customer service and most importantly, great tasting food... Domenico's is by far, the BEST Italian Restaurant.
The food is amazing and the service is great. My glass was never empty.
Incredible food! The bread is to die for!
Fabulous authentic central Italian cuisine - like mamma from Napoli would make! But the best part . . . the pizza is incredibly good - with a delicious essence from the wood-fired brick oven. Crust is the best in the lower mainland. all toppings are REAL Italian ingredients - no pepperoni here - Italian Genoa salami, and the best mozza. Gotta go... I'm making myself hungry. Oh yeah... the calzones... blessed by the Pope, I'm sure.
if you want the real thing,this is it.nevermind antons and l'artista domenicos is the best kept secret in burnaby. the pizza,pasta sausage, and wow the tiramisu all home made and top quality stuff,looks to be family owned and run.My number 1 pick in burnaby/new west by far. oh and portions are the biggest in town.see you there!
This was the worst restaurant my boyfriend and I have EVER been to. I am not considered one to enjoy complaining but this place definitely had me boiling. It puzzles me where this restaurant gets its reviews from, in our opinion they are given far more credit than they deserve.
We were undeservingly treated with disrespect the moment we walked in and left stressfully as a result of poor service, food and value.
It was my boyfriend and my 2 year and 10 month anniversary thought dinner at Domenico's would have been a nice and relaxing way to end the evening, but boy were we ever wrong.
Let me explain with these reasons
1) We walked in and was greeted by a hostess who asked if there was preference to where we wanted to sit. I asked if we could be located by the fireplace, but she did not acknowledge my request the girl completely ignored me and sat us down on a small table. The restaurant was hardly even 5% full over the entire duration we were there.
2) The table she directed us to was the more drafty than anywhere else but we forgave it despite my wanting to sit somewhere warmer due to my having a noticeable cold.
3) When she handed us the menu we were happy with having a choice in noodles. My boyfriend and I have been to our fair share of restaurants and tend to order similar things every time... he fancies his meaty dishes and I, my seafood Linguini. What was surprising was them not having Linguini as a option. I was really quite disappointed with not being offered this.
4) We noticed after we were done ordering that nobody had come to light the candle on our table, thus leaving my boyfriend to do it.
5) We had to wait a considerable amount of time for the bread to come... normally we get served this appetizer shortly after our order is taken, but apparently that is not so in the case of this restaurant. Many people were working in the kitchen and they only had about 1 other table of 2 and 1 of 4 to serve at the time so I saw no reason for such tardiness.
6) They brought bread over to us 10-15 minutes later. 3 scones, between the boyfriend and me. Hahahah. It would have made more sense for them to have given us an even amount.
We thought they had brought us our bread later because they wanted to save on not giving us a 2nd helping, the generous people that they are. By the time we had finished our scone and a half, the food was just about ready.
We were hoping that our food would be better than the service.... however, once it arrived on our table, we had gotten shut down again.
7) My boyfriend's food came first. They served the man, before the woman. What romantic restaurant does that? The lady had to wait an additional 5 minutes for her plate. Normally the food would be brought together so the couple could eat their meal together, a simple concept any restaurant should grasp.
8) I was shocked the moment my food arrived, at the pile of onions placed in front of me. There were also very large pieces of garlic in the dish (which was tolerable), but the diced onions were all mixed in with the clams and the small pretty much took over the entire plate. I like them and recognize that it is a good bacterial fighting agent but that said, never have I had it served like that over a seafood pasta. They had failed to mention onions in this dish... and my boyfriend told me they had stated it on other things in their menu.
9) My pasta was undercooked. I should have said something then but decided I would just suck it up to avoid confrontation. Moreover, I was hungry by the time the food came, so I ate as much as I could bare.
My boyfriend, also an optimist, had to describe his experience as the WORST RESTAURANT he had ever been to. He compared his meal to McDonald's and told me he would have preferred a burger over the plate he was served. The sauce was bland and tasted like it was straight from the grocery store, he also noted that the noodles weren't cooked as well as it should have been.
10) Our waitress was incredibly rude to us, not once did she come by to ask if we wanted refills on water. She took forever to bring us our bill and miscalculated the total. When my boyfriend kindly asked for a readjustment, the woman embarrassed him by yelling across the room how much she would take off and then came back with an intolerable attitude.
I don't know if we had gone on a bad night, perhaps we ordered the wrong items... none the less, the disrespect we received was inexcusable. We decided not to retaliate but rather, just paid and left the premises regardless of the dissatisfaction. I do feel the need however, to let it be known to those who potentially want to dine at this place, our opinion and the feelings and experience we gathered from this so called "fine Italian restaurant" they call Domenico's.
This is great italian food with the high cost. We love it!
My husband and I go there often and we really like the food and the staff at Domenico's! We recommend that everyone try it out! You will not be disappointed!
awsome food, beautiful service...best restaurant in burnaby!
it is not too often you find a true family run restaurant.
...not to mention domenico is such a cute and kind man!
This restaurant is a strong 10!! Best Italian food in Burnaby (and probably most of Vancouver)!! Love it!
The best kept Italian Secret in Burnaby.....It is amazing italian food worth trying!!! and that's coming from a real Italian Cook!!!